Our vision is to create a new village, sheltered by woodland that takes inspiration from the character of traditional Mid-Sussex settlements, but with a layout reflecting the long tradition of model village building.
- Access will be provided via a new junction with Brighton Road in the form of an entrance avenue which passes through an entrance green and is flanked by gateway buildings.
- Focused on a large central green offering a range of opportunities for sport, relaxation and community life to flourish.
- Grouped around the central green will be the St Catherine’s Hospice building together with a community hall, shop and café run by and for the benefit of the charity.
- The approximately 600 new homes will suit a variety of needs and include bungalows for the elderly, starter homes for first time buyers, high quality family housing and affordable homes.
- A number of character areas will define distinct neighbourhoods within the new village, where subtle variation in the architectural and landscape design offers a series of unique experiences.
- A series of interlinked routes and landscaped spaces will radiate out from the central green, becoming less formal in character as they extend towards the edges of the village.
- Consideration is also being given to the delivery of up to 1 form entry primary school.
Indicative example of village green and architecture for a potential character area